Virtual Dental Care, Inc.
Updated: March 31, 2022
Virtual Dental Care, Inc., on its own behalf and on behalf of its affiliates and/or wholly owned subsidiaries, including, without limitation, Teledentistry Network, Inc. (collectively referred to as "VDC", "We" "Us" or "Our"), makes certain telehealth-related information and services available to You and/or facilitates Your access to teledentistry and professional dental services ("VDC Services").
- TYPES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Personal Information that We collect through Your use of the Websites may include IP Address, Device ID, and online identifier. We may use that Personal Information and link it to Internet or other electronic network activity information, and We may draw inferences about You from the information We collect. We may also collect Your name, title, business contact information, phone number, date of birth, state, country, zip code, Your health plan, email address or login identification information only if You provide such information directly to Us when You begin registration to use a Secure Platform or complete a web form seeking more information.
- HOW WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may collect Personal Information using the following methods:
- Directly from You when You provide it to Us (such as information You enter into web forms, inquiries, responses, activity on the Websites, and during registration to use a Secure Platform).
- From third parties, such as analytics and email marketing service providers.
- Automatically through tracking technologies such as cookies, web beacons (also known as pixels) and log files, including over time and across third-party websites or other online services.
For more information about how We use Personal Information collected through tracking technologies and the ways You may be able to manage it, see below.
- HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We may use Your Personal Information for the following purposes:
- Operate, maintain, supervise, administer, and enhance the Websites, including monitoring and analyzing the effectiveness of content on the Websites, aggregate site usage data, and other usage of the Websites such as checking Your eligibility and assisting You in completing the registration process.
- Provide You with a tailored and user-friendly experience as You navigate Our Websites.
- Promote and market Our Websites to You.
- To complete the activity You specifically asked for, e.g., register on a Secure Platform, obtain more information, request a demo, or request an RFP.
- Conduct research on users' demographics, interests, and behavior based upon information provided during use of Our Websites.
- Anonymize and aggregate information for analytics and reporting.
- Respond to law enforcement requests and court orders and legal process and carry out Our legal and contractual obligations and enforce Our rights.
- Authenticate use, detect potential fraudulent use, and otherwise maintain the security of the Websites and safety of users.
- Develop, test, improve, and demonstrate the Websites.
- Any other purpose with Your consent.
- HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
We may share Personal Information with third parties in certain circumstances or for certain purposes, including:
- For business purposes. We may share Your Personal Information with vendors and service providers, including Our data hosting and data storage partners, analytics and advertising providers, technology services and support, and data security. We also may share Personal Information with professional advisors, such as auditors, law firms, and accounting firms. We may disclose Your name, email address, date of birth, phone number, and address if You provided it to Us via a form on the website or during an incomplete or failed registration to Service Providers.
- With Your direction or consent. We may share Your Personal Information with third parties if You request or direct Us to do so. This includes Your use of social media widgets on Our Websites.
- With affiliates within Our corporate group. We may share Your Personal Information with any subsidiaries within Our corporate group.
- Compliance with law. We may share Your Personal Information to comply with applicable law or any obligations thereunder, including cooperation with law enforcement, judicial orders, and regulatory inquiries.
- In the context of a transaction. We may share Your Personal Information connection with an asset sale, merger, bankruptcy, or other business transaction.
- For other business reasons. We may share Your Personal Information to enforce any applicable Legal Disclaimer, and to ensure the safety and security of the Websites and/or Our users.
- For advertising. Using cookies and web beacons, We may disclose Personal Information regarding Your activity on Our Websites to Our advertising partners to optimize marketing. The Personal Information We share for this purpose is limited to IP address, device ID, and online identifier. We do not share identifying information such as names, email addresses, phone numbers, or any health information.
We also may disclose deidentified information. Note that if You make any Personal Information publicly available on the Websites, anyone may see and use such information.
- SOCIAL FEATURES
Certain features of the Websites permit You to initiate interactions between the Websites and third-party services or platforms, such as social networks ("Social Features"). Social Features include features that allow You to click and access VDC's pages on certain third-party platforms, such as Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn as applicable, and from there to "like" or "share" Our content on those platforms. Use of Social Features may entail a third party's collection and/or use of Your data. If You use Social Features or similar third-party services, information You post or otherwise make accessible may be publicly displayed by the third-party service You are using. Both VDC and the third party may have access to information about You and Your use of both the Websites and the third-party service.
- THIRD PARTY WEBSITES AND LINKS
- COOKIES AND INFORMATION USED FOR ADVERTISING
Each type of web browser offers ways to restrict and delete cookies. For more information on how to manage cookies visit the appropriate link below.
You may disable or delete browser cookies through Your browser settings. Cookies generally are easy to disable or delete, but the method varies between browsers. If You disable or delete cookies, or if You are running third-party software that intercepts or deletes cookies, please note that some parts of Our Websites may not work properly.
You can opt out of third parties collecting Your Personal Information for targeted advertising purposes in the United States by visiting the National Advertising Initiative's (NAI) opt-out page and the Digital Advertising Alliance's (DAA) opt-out page.
Your browser settings also may allow You to transmit a "Do Not Track" signal when You visit various websites. Some of the Websites may not be configured to respond to "Do Not Track" signals received from browsers and we do not respond to such signals.
If You have further questions regarding the specific information about You that We process or retain, as well as Your choices regarding Our collection and use practices, please contact Us using the information listed below.
- CHILDREN'S PRIVACY
Our Websites and services are not intended for children under 18 years of age. If You are under 18, do not use or provide any information on these Websites or through any of its features.
In addition, We do not knowingly collect or sell Personal Information from children under 13. If We learn that We have collected or received Personal Information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, We will delete it. If You are the parent or guardian of a child under 13 years of age whom You believe might have provided Us with their Personal Information, You may contact Us using the below information to request that it be deleted.
- SECURITY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We take steps to secure Personal Information through administrative, technical, and physical safeguards designed to protect against the risk of accidental, unlawful, or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure, or use. Unfortunately, We cannot guarantee the security of information transmitted through the Internet, and where We have given You (or where You have chosen) a password, You are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
- RETENTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We generally retain records only as long as necessary and as required for Our business operations, for archival purposes, and/or to satisfy legal requirements. When determining the appropriate retention period for Personal Information, We take into account various criteria, such as the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the Personal Information; potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure; purposes for which We process Your Personal Information; whether We can achieve those purposes through other means; and business operations and legal requirements. Because We maintain Our Websites to protect from accidental or malicious loss and destruction, residual copies of Your Personal Information may be retained in Our backup and archival systems for a limited period of time, after which the information will be automatically deleted or put beyond use where deletion is not possible.
- INTERNATIONAL USERS
- HOW TO CONTACT US
© 2022 Virtual Dental Care, Inc.